Paper planes! Remember being a kids and the joy of making a simple paper plane and seeing how far it could go? I would always get lost in an adventure to see if I could get it to go further or straighter than before (or better than my friends!)
This week we are kicking off another 4 week series of FREE kids activities and printables. This has been inspired by our latest doll design – Piper the Pilot! She is a captain and spends her days travelling the world responsible for flying huge planes filled with eager passengers.
This STEM kids activity to get them creating and problem solving to make paper planes that go further, straighter or be the most colourful & creative ever!
The printable can be coloured in/painted then cut out and put together OR glue it to stiff cardboard to give the plane more structure
Pop your details in below to get this to magically appear in your inbox! Ta Da!
[By entering your email above you will receive our FREE activity emails, interviews with interesting women and bits about our dolls. We promise it’s not spammy and you can unsubscribe at any time]
Extend the activity
Create an ultimate paper plane challenge
- Aim for the Target – set up a target or object and the aim is to get it as close to the target as possible
- Accuracy – draw two parallel lines ( or use masking tape if you’re inside) and starting at one end try to get the plane to land in the middle of the two lines
- Distance – Mark a start line and see how far the plane can go from the line. Grab a tape measure or ruler and measure the results (great way to include some maths into the activity!)
Art and craft STEAM ideas
- Research aircraft and copy the artwork from real planes onto yours
- Create your own plane logo to add to your aircraft
- Get creative with crayons, markers and felt tips and create a range of different paper planes and turn them into a cool hanging mobile
Please don’t forget to share your creations on social media using the hashtag #inspiredbyokdolls
Printables are for home and educator/classroom use.